Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Shikha and Sanjay #5

[Just another evening. Sanjay is sitting oh his couch, watching cricket, a bag of chips in one hand, a can of coke in another. Shikha enters the house, looking tired, almost dead.]

SANJAY
[gives her a glance, looks back at the TV screen]
Hey Shikh...

SHIKHA
Hi!

SANJAY
[a moment later, eyes still glued to the TV]
How was your day?

SHIKHA
[almost falls onto the couch]
Don't ask!

SANJAY
Okay!

[Shikha stares at him in anger but is in no mood to fight. Sanjay looks at her and chuckles. Turns the TV off]

SANJAY
Okay tell me, what's wrong?

SHIKHA
Nothing specific really... just too many little things kept bothering me. I'm getting really stressed these days, you know.

SANJAY
To be honest, sweetheart, you're not fit enough. Most of your problems exist because you don't exercise yourself at all.

SHIKHA
Exercise?!! Well I would be happy to do that Sanjay, if my work would spare me the time and the energy that it asks for!
You know it's easy to say all this when you have a 9 to 5 job in a fancy, air-conditioned bank with shiny coffee machines and flashy...

SANJAY
[interrupts] ...whoa, whoa, whoa! Now why are you getting into that? I'm sorry, I was just trying to help!

SHIKHA
[sighs] No I am sorry, Sanjay! Just a trip... guess it's all this stress... I'm getting very impatient these days... and frustrated... and tired...

SANJAY
...and fat! [Pats her tummy, giggles]
Have you noticed that, sweety?

SHIKHA
Ya thanks for the encouragement, darling. THAT made me feel better!

SANJAY
Anytime, honey. Need more of it?

SHIKHA
No that's sufficient for now... guess I'll just go to the bedroom and crash instead.

SANJAY
Okay! [starts laughing]

[Shikha punches him & leaves. Sanjay watches her go & turns the TV back on. Dhoni hits a six.]


--------------------------------------------------
Shikha and Sanjay are both MBAs for a year, married for a year and in love for a little longer than that. Instead of writing in a continuous story about them, I have tried to pick episodes from their lives and let the story take shape over time.

For excerpts from their lives so far, check out the 'Shikha + Sanjay' label on 'However, in my opinion...'

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rtivvij:

    Well the idea was to begin with two characters & a situation and see where they go. So you're right, there is not story. At least as of now...
    It will take good shape eventually. Have faith :)


    The humour bit... feedback taken. Will try to make these more fun-to-read for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the story would have looked good if sanjay had a can of beer in his hand instead of the damn coke...:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You know Ankit, I had written 'beer' when I started this part, but changed it to coke.

    Now I don't even remember why I changed it :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mihir...Nice sequel...and if i m not wrong, I think i know where the story is leading.

    I like the chemistry between ur characters and I think married ppl will be able to relate to these characters really well..

    Keep it up.. Interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tanvi. Honestly, I don't know where the story is leading so if you see a trend already, lemme know ;)

    Thanks once again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimo! This is one's really good. Can so relate to the characters... and the language is awesome...short and crisp... just perfect to keep the fans glued! ;)

    ReplyDelete