Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shikha and Sanjay #7

(This is a very special episode in this series, written by Rain, my favourite writer and a great friend.)

SHIKHA
I've just had the worst day at work. WORST.

SANJAY
I got fired.

SHIKHA
What? Baby, are you serious?

SANJAY
No. I just wanted to see if it'd take your mind off your day.

SHIKHA
[getting off the couch and taking slow steps towards him]
You are such. A. Brat.

SANJAY
[walking backwards with his hands held up]
It worked, didn't it?

SHIKHA
[inching closer] I'm going to kill you.

SANJAY
[stops and folds his arms]
Oh yeah?

SHIKHA
Oh yeah.

SANJAY
You'd kill your only husband?

SHIKHA
Uh-huh.

SANJAY
I'm so scared.

SHIKHA
[letting out a giggle] You should be.

[Sanjay pounces on her and starts tickling]

SHIKHA
[through breathless laughter]
Stop, stop , STOP! Please!!

SANJAY
Okay, first say you love me.

SHIKHA
You love----AAAHHH----okay, okay! I love you.

SANJAY
[softly]
No matter what?

SHIKHA
What kind of question is that, Sanju? Obviously.

SANJAY
Even if I really did get fired?

SHIKHA
What?

SANJAY
I did. Okay, no I didn't. Oh, yes I did. No, I didn't. Okay, really, I didn't. I did, I did.
You're confused now.

SHIKHA
No, I'm not. And you did get fired, didn't you?

SANJAY
How do you always know?

SHIKHA
I just do.

--------------------------------------------------
The story of a couple living the Great Indian Dream... Shikha and Sanjay are both MBAs for a year, married for a year and in love for a little longer than that.

For excerpts from their lives so far, check out the label: 'Shikha + Sanjay'

6 comments:

  1. I think this is the best of the series

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet
    made me post a comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this. With the Humor, this really worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. i second rajan.
    best of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest of them all :)
    The perfect chemistry!

    ReplyDelete